Well would you believe it?
Gagababy have been selected to participate in eBay’s National Retail Expansion Scheme 🙂
eBay has partnered with Enterprise Ireland and DCCOI to invite up to 50 businesses from all over Ireland to take part in eBay’s first-ever countrywide retail pilot scheme. The new project invites selected small Irish businesses to use eBay.ie as a platform to extend their customer reach and compete on a global scale. The top countries to which Irish professional sellers on eBay currently export are the UK, Germany, the US, Australia and France but on average, Ireland’s professional sellers export to 12 different markets around the world.
Over the coming 12 months, teams at eBay will provide exclusive support to a select number of Irish SME’s including us who want to start up or expand their online presence. The scheme is also being supported by We Are Dublin Town, which recognises the importance of ecommerce to help grow its members’ businesses, particularly ‘after hours’ business when they are not trading on the high street.
We are incredibly delighted and humbled to have been selected by eBay and Enterprise Ireland. We will now have the opportunity to build our brand globally which will help create brand awareness and hopefully drive sales. We hope to be able to employ a part timer this time next year on the back of this opportunity. We have set up our anchor store through eBay.ie & the interest in our brand from overseas is already beginning to show especially in the UK & the U.S.
The partnership will see eBay provide the following support to Irish SME’s taking part in the Retail Expansion Programme:
- Onboarding assistance: one-on-one support to create a personalised eBay shop with listing support and guidance.
- Training: Retail Expansion sellers will participate in a comprehensive training programme that covers eBay selling basics, strategies for getting the most out of eBay’s platform as well as digital skills such as search & listing optimisation and online advertising.
- Store Subscription: Sellers will receive a complimentary one-year Premium store subscription, which offers free listings, shipping supplies and other valuable perks.
- Promotional support – eBay will highlight and help drive traffic to participating sellers’ eBay stores.
- Dedicated customer services support: Sellers in the programme have access to a dedicated customer service team that will provide strategic guidance and troubleshooting support to enable their growth on eBay.
So watch this space lads! World…we are coming to get ya! 🙂
Thank you eBay!!!